- Posted by:
MDHS services the Central Goldfields and Pyrenees Shire with campuses in Avoca, Dunolly and Maryborough. The strong clinical and social links between the three campuses ensure that the community is cared for by qualified staff who are committed to high standards of person-centred care. MDHS is one of the largest employers in the region, providing the perfect setting to become part of our team and community.
Health Information Manager
Part Time – 56 hours per fortnight
Fixed Term – to commence 11th July 2022 until 5th July 2023
Classification: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Award: Allied Health Professionals (Victorian Public Health Sector) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2016 – 2020
A wonderful opportunity exists for a Health Information Manager to join MDHS in a fixed-term role to cover maternity leave. This position involves being part of the senior leadership team and part of the new masterplan process within Maryborough District Health Service.
The Health Information Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring all clinical records are maintained and coded in accordance with the Australian Coding Standards in a timely and accurate manner, whilst leading clinical records management and supporting the organisations transition to digital medical records management systems, and ensuring accuracy of relevant statistical reporting information.
We are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Embrace and promote the values of MDHS – Genuine, Respect, Excellence, Accountability & Togetherness
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate time management skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Basic Life Support Certificate
What's in it for you?
- Great Working Environment – Join a group of motivated health care professionals with a Permanent contract. Opportunity to join the Social Club, offering a wide range of social events and local retail discounts.
- Fantastic Earning Potential – Generous Base Salary under the Allied Health Professionals EBA with Salary Packaging available.
- Become an integral leader- Build, grow and lead the Health Information team at MDHS, embedding patient centred care and service excellence across the health service
- Supportive Culture with Continuous Improvement Opportunities – Culture that promotes and embraces the organisational values of GREAT (Genuine, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Togetherness) and encourages and supports employees to engage in professional development with access to the Centred of Inspired Learning and Simulation Lab.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Qualifications / Experience
- Qualification in Health Information Management
- Eligible for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Experience using IPM patient management Software.
- Experience using the 3M Codefinder
- Knowledge of health record work processes
- Demonstrated high level of ICD-10-AM coding competency
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the PRS2/VAED and VINAH reporting requirements
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to ongoing education and professional development to ensure working within current scope of practice.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing electronic medical records systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrated time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For further information, please contact Wendy Giddings via email@example.com or on 5461 0306.
Applications for this position close on Sunday 6th July 2022
Applications are to include:
- Covering Letter
- Written response to the Key Selection Criteria, available in the Position Description on the position advertisement.
Applications are to be submitted by selecting the "Apply Now" button below.
MDHS is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and a Working with Children Check. NDIS Workers Screening will be required for workers identified as working within a risk assessed role.