- Posted by:
Health Information Manager
About Bass Coast Health
Bass Coast Health (BCH) is the sub-regional health service for the Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires, across Victoria’s South Eastern coast.
With head office at Wonthaggi Hospital, we serve the municipality with facilities in San Remo & Cowes, and dozens of staff on the road to wherever we’re needed.
An easy 90-minute drive from Melbourne means we’re easily commutable for those who haven’t yet cottoned on that the Bass Coast is the ideal place to live – with wineries, fooderies, farms, Phillip Island tourist attractions, the Bunurong Coastal Drive, Wilsons Prom, and miles of beaches, right on our doorstep!
In order to support our rapidly growing population, we’re forecast to grow our services, and our clinical and non-clinical workforce, by up to 45% to 2023. This means we’re always on the lookout for good people who embody our WE CARE values, who might make good additions to our excellent team.
Permanent Full-time (Part-time considered)
The Health Information Manager (HIM) is responsible for the leadership and effective management of Bass Coast’s Health Information Services. The HIM supports the provision of relevant priorities including the management of relevant staff and the development and implementation of strategic and business plans, within an over-arching Bass Coast Health framework of person-centred care.
In order to achieve the Key Responsibilities, the incumbent will develop effective and fruitful partnerships with all relevant Executive staff and Department Managers across Bass Coast Health and in addition, will provide strong leadership support to the direct reports.
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Information Management
- Knowledge and experience in health information settings
- Knowledge of/experience in public health service
- Demonstrated initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Experience with information systems; for example, Patient Administration System (iPM) and other systems used for collection and reporting of data
- Ability to provide quality advice, accurate and timely reporting
- Eligible for membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- A valid police check
- COVID-19 Vaccinations in accordance with the Chief Health Officer COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions
Bass Coast Health celebrates and supports our employees and community and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. BCH welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as LGBTIQ+ and people with disability.