- Posted by:
- Exciting management role in our Health Information Services team at Orygen, based in Parkville
- This is an exciting time of growth in youth mental health – make a big impact
- Full-time ongoing with possibility for Part-Time opportunity | Flexibility and work-life balance
Orygen is looking for a dynamic Health Information Manager who is interested in using many and varied health information skill sets with a focus on reporting and preparation for Activity Based Funding.
We need a flexible individual who can easily pivot and manage a rapidly growing service which includes both inpatient and community-based services across multiple sites.
The Health Information Services team is small and multi-skilled so we need both a team member and an independent thinker who can maintain communication and assist with team cohesion.
The position sits within Orygen Specialist Programs (OSP), a program of Melbourne Health, provides specialist mental health services for young people aged 15 to 25 and focuses on providing early intervention to young people with severe and complex mental illness.
Orygen delivers cutting-edge research, policy development, innovative clinical services, and evidence-based training and education for the mental health workforce to ensure that there is continuous improvement in the treatments and care provided to young people experiencing mental ill-health.
Your new role
- Provide leadership, mentorship and development to the wider HIS team
- Undertake activities to ensure that Orygen meets requirements in the collection, use, evaluation and management of health information
- Develop and deliver education and training packages for clinical and non-clinical staff
- Undertake audits and report on findings. Assist to develop and implement recommendations for action
- Assist to enable organisational readiness for Activity Based Funding
- Monitor and report on compliance with KPIs especially those related to Activity Based Funding
- Assist with Clinical Classification of bed based episodes (coding)
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent and eligible for membership of Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Experience in service evaluation, statistical analysis and database management
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and managing staff
- Previous experience with information systems and processes, and preparation of reports/proposals
Benefits of working with Orygen Specialist Programs
- Join us during this incredibly exciting time of growth and change - career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.