- Posted by:
- Multiple Full Time and Part Time positions available (permanent and fixed term)
- Centrally located at the Royal Melbourne Hospital City Campus - North Melbourne
- We offer flexible work, with both onsite and remote working arrangements
The large team of Health Information Managers working at The Royal Melbourne Hospital pride themselves in high quality coding and new staff members are supported by the Coding Manager, Coding Operation Supervisor, Senior Auditor Educator and the four Coding Educators
This is a unique and challenging opportunity, with complex and challenging casemix that only one of Victoria’s largest public hospitals can offer as well as the prospect of career diversity and professional development.
Your new role
- Coding of inpatient episodes, using ICD-10-AM, ACHI coding and AR-AR-DRG classification in accordance with Australian and Victorian Coding Standards
- Data entry of codes onto Patient Administration System
- Achieve internal and external coding deadlines
- Report on audit results to the team
- Assist in completion of outstanding diagnosis coding as a priority
- Respond to requests for coded information as required
You have a Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent), as well as:
- Previous experience in a similar coding position
- Eligibility for membership of the Health Information Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Demonstrated experience coding moderate to complex inpatient episodes using ICD 10 AM
- Sound knowledge of Australian and Victorian Coding Standards
- A thorough understanding of Victorian specific coding advice and activity based funding policies
Why work at the Royal Melbourne Hospital?
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
Interested? Apply now! Multiple positions available.
For a confidential discussion please connect with us via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.