- Posted by:
- Two Full Time - Fixed Term positions available!
- Enjoy benefits of salary packaging, car parking options and a supportive valued based organisation
- Centrally located at the Royal Melbourne Hospital City Campus - North Melbourne
The large team of Health Information Managers working at The Royal Melbourne Hospital pride themselves in high quality coding and new staff members are supported by the Coding Manager, Coding Operation Supervisor, Senior Auditor Educator and the four Coding Educators
This is a unique and challenging opportunity, with complex and challenging casemix that only one of Victoria’s largest public hospitals can offer as well as the prospect of career diversity and professional development.
Your new role
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of current Australian Coding Standards
- Have a thorough understanding of Victorian specific coding advice and activity based funding policies
- Achieve internal and external coding deadlines
- Assist in completion of outstanding diagnosis coding as a priority
- Completion of a Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar coding position
- Eligible for membership of the Health Information Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Demonstrated experience coding moderate to complex inpatient episodes using ICD 10 AM
- Sound knowledge of Australian and Victorian Coding Standards
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.