- January 16, 2020
- Posted by:
Health Information Manager (Full- Time) – National Capital Private Hospital, Canberra ACT
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Health Information Manager to join National Capital Private Hospital as the Health Information Services Manager.
To be successful in this position, considerable experience in clinical coding, strong time management and problem solving skills will be required.
As the Health Information Manager you will be responsible for:
- The management of the Health Information Service including all aspects of medical record management and related activities including records maintenance, archiving and destruction
- Provision of timely and accurate clinical coding data using ICD-10-AM (10th edition) & collection and reporting of data for use in clinical indicators, research and evaluation of services as well as to ACT Health, Health Funds and other agencies.
- Provision of education and analysis of Clinical Coding and Casemix information
- Co-ordinating responses to medico-legal and other requests for patient information
About Us: We work together for better care.
Healthscope is a leading private provider of integrated health services in Australia. We are focused on providing exceptional services to our customers across 44 hospitals as well as market leading international pathology operations in New Zealand.
Our team of over 18,000 employees understand that healthcare is a special business, 24/7, 365 days a year our team provide quality care and positively contribute to the clinical outcomes of our patients.
Click on the link below to see why you should join the Healthscope HIM team! https://healthscope.referrals.selectminds.com/et/vXkOE9/landingpages/health-information-services-opportunities-at-healthscope-19
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Hospital medical record management experience in a medium sized hospital with a varied casemix
- Sound understanding of Codefinder & Turbocoder
- Strong clinical coding with ability to train and mentor coding staff - current 10th Edition
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Highly developed problem solving skills that lead to positive outcomes
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Knowledge of WebPAS patient information system