- Posted by:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Hospital for Women has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Health Information Managerr with a passion for specialty obstetrics, gynaecology and neonate coding, to join our Health Information Service team based at our Heidelberg campus.
- Permanent Full-Time role with potential for job share
- Ensure completion of monthly ICD-10-AM coding within set deadlines and to participate and report on quality coding and casemix reviews and audits.
- Participate in quality management activities aimed at improving HIS service, systems and procedures towards better internal and external HIS customer service.
- Future potential for remote cross-campus coding and education to support coding service at Werribee Mercy Hospital.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management qualifications with eligibility for full HIMAA Membership.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10-AM coding and casemix. Experience in coding neonatal, gynaecology and obstetrics is preferred, but not essential.
- Proven organisational and time management skills.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite experience and Patient & Client Management System (PCMS) exposure, or the ability to pick up in-house systems quickly
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 6 Public Specialist Teaching Hospital providing both public and private patient care through maternity services, neonatology and paediatrics, perioperative services, gynaecology, women's health and associated health, support and diagnostic services. We are a major teaching hospital and specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ At Mercy Health, we pride ourselves on our values-based culture, and offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.