- Posted by:
Health Information Manager / Clinical Coder
- Full time position- both ongoing and fixed term opportunities available
- Salary packaging, monthly ADOs, onsite car parking
- Centrally located at Royal Melbourne Hospital City Campus - Parkville
Do you want to work in the heart of the city and be part of a world renowned healthcare facility?
As a campus of Melbourne Health, The Royal Melbourne Hospital has been caring for Victorians, undertaking ground breaking research, and teaching Australia’s future healthcare professionals for over 165 years.
Situated at the top of Elizabeth Street, The Royal Melbourne Hospital is supplied by abundant public transport and is at the centre of an exciting and expanding healthcare precinct including the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) Peter Mac. For the HIM there is the lure of the complex and challenging casemix that only one of Victoria’s largest public hospitals can offer as well as the prospect of career diversity and professional development.
The large team of HIMs working at The Royal Melbourne Hospital pride themselves in high quality coding and new staff members are supported by the Coding Manager, Coding Operations Supervisor, Senior Coding Auditor and Coding Educators. Melbourne Health has an Electronic Medical Record thus opening up the potential for more flexible work arrangements.
Your new role
The Royal Melbourne Hospital Coding Service is currently in the process of recruiting one experienced Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder to join their supportive team.
This is an exciting opportunity for motivated people to advance their career as part of a prestigious values based organisation.
This role will involve:
- Coding and grouping using 3M Web Codefinder
- Coding auditing
- Unit audits and coding/casemix analysis
We are looking for candidates with:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar coding position
- A comprehensive knowledge of current Australian Coding Standards
- A thorough understanding of Victorian specific coding advice and activity based funding policies
Ideally any applicants will have highly developed oral and written communication skills and be able to work well in a team environment and also individually.
- Salary packaging
- City location with access to public transport
- Reward and recognition programs
- Health and wellbeing programs including staff gym, staff health service and peer support program
- Discounted staff parking
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
If you want to work in a great team environment, enjoy making a difference and have a real commitment to a highly quality of clinical coding please visit our website to view the position description and apply now!