- Posted by:
Will you actively create a healthier future for tomorrow?
At Medibank we’re encouraged to think big. We have a clear purpose to impact better health outcomes for our customers, patients and our community.
We celebrate diversity of thought because we want to make better decisions for our customers. As we work towards our goal of better health for better lives, we value the knowledge and contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. We are working hard to create an inclusive workplace and develop Indigenous careers.
The key role of the Health Information Manager is to conduct audits of hospital claiming activity to ensure compliance with Australian Coding Standards, hospital contracting arrangements and industry guidelines. This position is required to provide accurate advice on relevant clinical coding / DRG and contracting matters to internal and external stakeholders to allow for informed decisions to be made on hospital and medical claim payment issues.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of the Health Audit Team in conducting audits to ensure data integrity and a high level of compliance with Australian Coding Standards, hospital contracting arrangements and other industry guidelines.
- Manage allocated audit profile
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to validate erroneous hospital claiming
- Work closely with Hospitals, Hospital Managers, Claims Department to recover benefit outlays for validated erroneous hospital claiming
- Maintain accurate and contemporaneous procedure manuals for allocated audit profile
- Provide SME to develop new audit ideas, solutions to resolve future erroneous claiming and inappropriate benefit outlay, develop and implement solutions to ensure compliance with Australian Coding Standards, contractual agreements and industry guidelines
- Support and work as an integral part of the Health Audit Team by actively contributing to all aspects of the team’s goals and objectives
- Provide support to Hospitals to resolve clinical coding / DRG and other claiming disparities
Work from home anywhere in Australia.
You are an organised and confident Health Information Manager with an eye for detail and strong time management skills. Presenting with coding experience, ideally at a tertiary level, you will be supported by the appropriate qualifications (degree in Health Information Management or Clinical Coder qualification), sound knowledge of DRGs, current coding experience with ICD-10-AM/ACHI and strong communication skills will be crucial to your success in this position.
You will also have competent knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
While not mandatory, a knowledge and understanding of the private health insurance sector, will be highly regarded.
A career with us
At Medibank, we believe work is something we do, not somewhere we go. Our modes of working – Collaboration, Connection and Concentration – help inform how your day is structured and where you choose to work will vary, depending on your role and requirements.
The wellbeing of our employees is our priority. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you. Virtual interviews are always on offer and will not adversely impact your application.
We offer a range of great benefits such as subsidised private health insurance, rewards and discounts, and health and wellbeing initiatives. To find out more click here.