- Posted by:
- Supportive team environment
- Previous management experience or senior role experience
- Fantastic opportunity to belong to a leading healthcare network.
Are you a competent people manager with exceptional leadership and decision making skills? An exciting opportunity exists for a Health Information Manager to join our professional team.
Peninsula Private Hospital is seeking a manager with exceptional leadership and decision making skills to join our professional team on a part time basis. You will utilise your strong coding experience, strong time management and problem solving skills in this dynamic role.
Peninsula Private Hospital is a 70-bed facility located in Kippa Ring with an exciting and challenging case mix. We are a leading hospital renowned for patient outcomes in a range of medical, surgical and rehabilitation services. This robust offering and holistic approach to patient care enables our team to work closely together to ensure our patients receive a bespoke healthcare experience like no other.
As a Health Information Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in case mix analysis, education & quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Assist with the timely extraction and submission of mandatory data reporting
- Assist with the development and management of forms rationalisation and digitised medical records management
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
- Bachelor of Health Information Management and/or Master of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Strong leadership capability to lead and drive success within a team to maximise performance
- Experience in coding with knowledge of ICD-10-AM , ACHI & ACS
- Sound knowledge and experience in clinical coding and clinical coding audit processes
- Sound understanding of Codefinder & Turbocoder
- Demonstrated experience in the extraction and submission of data to external parties
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Highly developed problem solving skills that lead to positive outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care. Our people are at the heart of our organisation - no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for.
- Flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
- Discounted health insurance
- Continuous professional development, education & support provided to encourage growth
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
Come and be the difference in our patient's lives.
Applications close: 4th October 2021
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. For any questions, please reach out to
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, WWCC (where applicable) and Evidence of right to work in Australia prior to appointment. Staff in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.