- Posted by:
A fantastic opportunity to be the health information subject matter expert in a mission driven national organisation:
- Join a dynamic and bustling team environment
- Melbourne based preferred, but remote position will be considered for the right candidate
- 2 year full time contract
- Be a part of an organisation that empowers people
We are an independent, non-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring sexual and reproductive health services are equally accessible to all people living in Australia. We are the only national accredited provider of abortion, contraception and vasectomy services, and the country’s longest running provider of teleabortion.
Our holistic, client-centred approach empowers individuals to control their reproductive health safely, and with dignity, regardless of their circumstances. Through active partnerships with healthcare providers, researchers and communities, our models of care ensure the total wellbeing of our clients is supported at every stage.
The Health Information Manager (HIM) supports the management of the eHealth/Health information systems within the organisation. You will ensure that we are compliant in all aspects of medical record management. You will undertake and manage the reporting and coding requirements across our national network of day hospitals, will process release of information and other medico- legal requests and will be key in assisting us with our digital transformation program, including electronic medical records.
To apply for the role, you must have:
- A Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in an Australian Health Care setting in a HIM or similar role (public or private).
- Minimum of 2 years ICD-10-AM ACHI/ACS 11th edition medical / hospital record coding experience.
- Experience with release of information (ROI)/ freedom of information (FOI) & medico-legal request requirements.
- Experience with regulatory body & mandatory data reporting (ACHS Clinical Indicators, Health Department data requirements).
- Experience with all state & territory reporting requirements (VAED, HMDS, PHISCo, QHAPDC, AAPC, ISAAC, TSMS, HCP) not mandatory but highly desirable.
What you will be required to assist with:
- The day-to-day operations of health information services.
- Stakeholder/vendor management (internal and external).
- Engagement and leadership of clinical and non-clinical teams, in all areas of health information management
- Optimisation of our information systems & models of care.
- Digitisation of the client medical record.
- Development and review of policies and procedures relating to Health Information Services.
- Coding and reporting audits.
- Various administrative functions as required.
You will also possess the following attributes:
- Fiercely pro-choice.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working as part of team.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail.
What we're offering:
- Competitive salary.
- Generous salary packaging (considerably reducing your tax).
- Reward platform and partner discounts.
- Supportive Employee Assistance and Wellness Program.
Who you're joining:
We believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health.
Person and community centred healthcare involves cultural safety, a diverse workforce and multidisciplinary skills. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of migrant and refugee backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQ+ people.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa. Marie Stopes Australia does not provide work visa sponsorships.