- Posted by:
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder to join the Casemix Unit in Health Information Services.
As a Health Information Manager/Clinical Coder at Austin Health your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out high quality morbidity classification of discharged patients using ICD-10-AM
- Optimising the quality of the coding by participating in and taking responsibility for continuous quality improvement strategies and audits
- Participating in the comprehensive and ongoing education program that is developed and implemented for Health Information Manager/Clinical Coders
- Maintenance of current knowledge of developments in all aspects of health information management
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Medical Classification)/Bachelor of Health Information Management or other equivalent qualification and eligibility for full membership to the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Experience and proficiency with coding medical records in ICD-10-AM 11th edition
- Ability to determine priorities and organise workload effectively and efficiently
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a member of a large team
- Possession of the following personal qualities: motivation, flexibility, initiative, reliability and professionalism
- A minimum of one-year experience coding in a hospital environment
- Desirable Criteria:
- Knowledge / Experience with Infomedix Scanned Medical Record and Cerner systems
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, employee assistance program and flexible working arrangements including ability to work from home.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working With Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.