- Posted by:
Chief HIM– Health Information Services
- Full Time Position
- Supportive Management and HIS team
A competitive, negotiable remuneration package, inclusive of generous ongoing professional development support, will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and enthusiastic HIM to lead a dedicated team in a developing hospital.
Healthscope is the second largest provider of private health care in Australia with hospitals in all states and territories. The company owns and manages a diverse range of facilities including large high acuity metropolitan hospitals, regional and suburban hospitals.
This leadership role will be responsible for leading a Health Information Services department and dedicated team of Clinical coders/HIMs and clerks. Responsibilities include the ongoing review of HIS processes to ensure optimum efficiency, recruitment, training and development of staff, casemix management, medical record forms review and rationalisation, completion of Quality Improvement activities, and representing HIS on various committees, ensuring all department KPIs are achieved.
This role would be ideal for a motivated professional looking for new challenges, or the opportunity to take the next step in their career in a supportive environment.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (HIM) or equivalent with at least 3 years’ experience
- Previous staff management responsibilities
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Knowledge of the WebPAS Patient Information System