- Posted by:
Health Information Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder to join our Information and Data Science team.
Position includes remote working options. Must be an Australian resident.
The Health Information Analyst supports the Health Information and Coding Manager in managing health information and providing information support to other parts of the business across both public and private health sectors.
The role will:
- Assist with ensuring health information used by the organisation is accurate and current.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relating to data governance.
- Help manage the content of reference information within the organisation’s databases.
- Assist with monitoring and updating key reference information such as Health care classifications, health care funding material and changes to coding or health information standards.
- Provide information and coding support across the business.
- Support product development, marketing, sales, and R&D across public and private health sectors.
- Work closely with data analysts to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of information used in analyses.
- Educate data analysts on health information standards and usage.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Degree in Health Information Management, or is an Associate Member of HIMAA
- 5+ years in a health information / clinical coding or other health role in an Australian or NZ public or private hospital or related organisation.
- Demonstrated experience with the application and monitoring. of Australian health classification standards in practice.
- Highly regarded: knowledge of public and / or private sector costing or finance information
- Highly regarded: experience working with healthcare standard metadata.
- Highly developed knowledge of Australian coding standards.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with classification groupers e.g. Turbocoder or equivalent.
- Standard business suite software, e.g. office.