- Posted by:
- Health Dataset Officer - VINAH Acute
- Full time, fixed term (parental leave) role, Monday to Friday
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria's largest public health service. We provide safe, high quality care to one-quarter of Melbourne's population, across the entire life span, from pre-birth to end-of-life. More than 18,000 of us work at over 40 care locations across south-east Melbourne, including seven hospitals and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
Monash Health is looking to engage those with a keen interest in data and data quality to integrate with our team of technical specialists who provide regular, timely and accurate reporting of non-admitted activity to the Department of Health (DH).
The VINAH Acute dataset team's key responsibilities are data submission, auditing, testing, documentation and training. The team is also responsible for developing and implementing the necessary underlying business processes within Specialist Consulting to ensure compliance with DH definitions and business rules.
We are looking for an accomplished team player with a passion for people and systems to work full time (fixed term).
You can readily demonstrate:
- Experience providing end-user training
- Experience and demonstrated skills and knowledge with using a PAS (e.g. iPM)
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- High attention to detail
- A willingness to learn with a positive approach to a frequently changing environment
- Graduate HIMs are encouraged to apply
Ideally you will also have:
- Previous experience in reporting data to the Department of Health
- An understanding of the relationship between data reported and Activity Based Funding
What we offer
You will be well supported in your role, and we'll build a comprehensive orientation, training and development program to facilitate your smooth transition to Monash Health and to support you in achieving your career goals. In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging options that increase your take home pay, access to on-site staff car parking and gym and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System – e-mail applications will not be considered.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- proof of immunisation.
A request to conduct probity checks does not guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.