- September 18, 2020
- Posted by:
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Health Care has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to join the Health Funding - Audit & Compliance team.
As Health Fund Coding Auditor and/or Educator, you will be responsible for completion of coding audits and provision of coding education to all SJG Hospitals to ensure accurate ICD-10-AM code assignment for data quality, benchmarking and funding. This position is also responsible for conducting and participating in audits based on health fund contracts, and education as required.
This full time, 76 hours per fortnight position is based in Melbourne with a requirement to travel from time to time.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent tertiary qualification) or Clinical Coding qualification
- Eligible for full HIMAA membership
- A minimum of five years’ experience coding preferably at a tertiary level hospital.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills required, knowledge of PC applications e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Experience in reviewing / auditing clinical coding.
- Experience using the current ICD-10-AM Edition in the Australian Health Sector
- An understanding of Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs)
- Ability to travel to SJCHC sites in Victoria, Western Australia and New South Wales as require
For more information, please click Here
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.