- Posted by:
ABOUT THE ROLE: Mercy Health has an opportunity for an experienced Health Information Manager who has a sound understanding of clinical systems including but not limited to iPM and CPF, and a thorough understanding of Statutory Reporting requirements to undertake a rewarding position within the Quality, Systems & Extracts Team.
- Fixed term contract maternity leave cover until June 2022.
- Part time considered.
- 2 or more years’ experience.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance and support of patient information systems. This includes identifying and troubleshooting functionality issues and business processes.
- The role will include involvement in system upgrades including User Acceptance Testing, Training and Go Live Activates.
- The successful applicant with require a basic knowledge and understanding of HL7 messaging, integration and system administration.
- The role will also include the delivery of basic training, including the preparation and development of training manuals and materials.
- The successful applicant should also have an understanding of statutory reporting requirements, including data extraction and submission activities, as well as knowledge of the admission policy.
- This position will suit someone with a proactive approach who can adapt quickly to new systems and challenges.
- The successful applicant will be required to work cross campus at Heidelberg and Werribee.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Patient Administration Systems such as iPM and its various functions, including business processes of different areas.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Scanned Medical Record Systems such as CPF and its various functions, including business processes.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of statutory reporting and admission policy.
- Experience in System upgrades is desirable.
- A good understanding of and ability to learn new systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with different levels of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create and deliver training material.
- A basic knowledge and understanding of HL7 messaging and integration is desirable.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.