- Posted by:
Expressions of interest - Health Information Managers
IHPA was established in December 2011 as part of the National Health Reform agenda. IHPA is independent of Commonwealth, state and territory governments and is governed by the Pricing Authority, which is primarily responsible for the proper and efficient performance of IHPA's functions.
IHPA's mission is to promote improved efficiency in, and access to, public hospital services through setting the national price and levels of block funding for hospital services. IHPA is also responsible for developing national classifications for health care and other services delivered by public hospitals.
IHPA is responsible for the ongoing development and refinement of the following classifications used to classify activity for admitted care:
- International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM)
- Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI)
- Australian Coding Standards (ACS); collectively ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS
- Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRGs), underpinning activity based funding for admitted acute care.
To support the development of these classifications, IHPA is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced Health Information Managers for several roles, including:
- Classification Manager (Education)
12-month Executive Level 1 (EL1) position principally responsible for the development of educational resources for ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition and AR-DRG Version 11.0 (V11.0) due for release in 2022.
The successful candidate will be required to work from the IHPA office in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Health Information Manager/s (Standalone projects)
IHPA is seeking Health Information Managers to contract directly with IHPA to fill several project-based roles. Projects include developing coding query responses and a number of different mapping projects.
This work will be conducted remotely and candidates will require an Australian business number (ABN) and access to current versions of the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS and AR-DRG classification/definitions manuals.
Classification Manager (Education)
The Classification Manager will coordinate and project manage the development of educational resources for the admitted care classifications including:
- collaborating with the existing Acute Care Classifications team to synthesise the major updates for ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition and AR-DRG V11.0
- supporting the development of a dynamic and innovative online education program for ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition and AR-DRG V11.0.
Further information and a position description for the position of Classification Manager is on the IHPA website.
Health Information Manager/s (Standalone projects)
Candidates interested in standalone projects will be required to demonstrate knowledge and experience as follows:
- minimum of three years' work experience as a HIM or Clinical Coding Auditor/Educator in Australian hospitals
- demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- demonstrated communication and organisation skills
- advanced knowledge and application of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS
- sound knowledge of AR-DRGs and their application
- sound knowledge of medical science
- familiarity with other health classifications including ICD-10, ICD-11, MBS
- experience with mapping projects (desirable)
- experience in classification development (desirable).
How to apply
To apply for these positions, please submit:
- a current CV summarising your relevant experience and qualifications
- a one page statement of claims that specifies the position you are interested in and addresses your suitability against the skill requirements.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion please contact Anne Elsworthy, Director, Acute Care Classifications on (02) 8215 1198 or at email@example.com.