- Posted by:
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Coder to join our Revenue Services. The successful candidate will be an experienced coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities. You will have excellent organisations skills and a sound knowledge of health fund contracts.
Responsibilities for this role will include (but not be limited to):
- Timely and accurate clinical coding using ICD-10-AM and correct assignment of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG)
- Participate in Casemix analysis, education & quality activities
- Keep abreast with current relevant clinical coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Sharing of coding knowledge with other clinical coders within the team.
Strong emphasis will be placed on the applicant’s ability to demonstrate, commit to and apply the organisation’s values of Friendliness, Courage, Compassion, Wisdom and Diligence, in the workplace.
Key Selection Criteria for this position include:
- Possession of Clinical Coding Certificate (intermediate or higher) or equivalent HIM qualification
- Demonstrated knowledge and at least 3 years workplace experience (private hospital preferred) in a Clinical Coder role HIMAA certification in Clinical Coding or equivalent, with minimum 2 years’ experience using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS
- Experience with webPAS patient administration system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised and within a team environment.
- Experience in clinical coding across a range of DRGs with demonstrated high coding quality skills
- Up-to-date with current Clinical Coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound understanding of Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG), 3M Codefinder, TurboCoder and PICQ
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Proven ability to meet and exceed targets and KPI’s
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite
As a part of The Friendlies team, you will enjoy:
- Attractive salary packaging options and a variety of additional discounts and benefits within our hospital and pharmacies
- Career development opportunities and commitment to ongoing training, education and professional development
- Family friendly work environment close to professional child care services
- Find out more about why The Friendlies is a great place to work at https://thefriendlies.org.au
How to Apply
Please submit the following:
- A cover letter that addresses the ‘Key Selection Criteria’ (maximum 2 pages)
- A detailed resume (including 2 professional referees)
- Submit your application on our website https://thefriendlies.org.au/careers/ and complete the Application for Employment form.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements may not be shortlisted. The advertisement will be closed either when a successful applicant is identified or on Monday 7 March 2022, whichever is sooner
Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements
It is a condition of employment for this role that the employee is, and remains, vaccinated against COVID-19 as per Workers in a healthcare setting (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements) Direction issued on 10 November 2021. It may also be a condition of employment for this role that you are vaccinated, and remain vaccinated during your employment, against the following vaccine preventable diseases; Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping cough) and Hepatitis.
Prior to being made an offer of employment, you will be required to provide evidence of immunity to Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs). Staff employed prior to 1 July 2017 are not subject to this condition of employment unless they apply for a role with VPD requirements.