- Posted by:
Medical Director, Short Stay Unit, Emergency Department
- Unique Emergency Medicine leadership opportunity
- Drive Innovation and Change
- Exciting growth strategy to service our growing community
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Werribee Mercy Hospital Short Stay Unit is seeking an experienced emergency physician to join our team as a full time Medical Director. The Short Stay Unit works in collaboration with our Emergency Department in providing care to over 48,000 patients annually, of which 25% are paediatric patients. Our community is culturally diverse with 1 in 2 families being born overseas. The department has a great team culture with the primary focus of delivering patient centred timely care. As a public hospital servicing the community of the West, we have an exciting growth strategy which will lay the foundation for future growth. We are accredited for 24 months of advanced training.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Director (Medical Subacute and Palliative Care) and in collaboration with the Emergency Department Director you will be responsible for the operational and strategic management of the Short Stay Unit in all facets including clinical service, innovation and continuous improvement, optimisation of patient flow, teaching and research. Demonstrating the Mercy Health values, you will lead a dedicated team in the delivery of excellent patient centred care and will make an impact by:
- Providing strong leadership and clinical governance of the unit
- Cultivating an environment within the team to provide patient care first and a high quality patient experience
- Developing strong collaboration with other clinical teams, external partners and the health executive to provide a seamless patient centred model of care
- Be proactive, solution focused and continually strive to improve patient care and experience
- Ensure that Short Stay Unit access and occupancy is optimised
- FACEM or equivalent.
- Appointees must be legally qualified practitioners, registered or registrable with AHPRA without conditions, undertakings or reprimands.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Demonstrated experience as a senior clinical leader with administrative experience
- Ability to provide strategic focus and direction and foster a culture of quality and service improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, paediatrics, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has undergone significant service expansion including Hospital in the Home/Hospital Care at Home programs, a new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a perfectly positioned hospital with easy access on and off the M1 Princes Freeway 30 minutes from Melbourne CBD and 45 minutes from Geelong and the gateway to the surf coast. We are walking distance to Hoppers Crossing train station, café and shops, and is co-located adjacent to a privately operated childcare facility that delivers childcare to pre-school age children.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Mercy Health is committed to public health and safety measures that protect the health and lives of our people and the individuals and communities we serve. As a Catholic organisation we believe in the principle of the common good and as such we expect our staff to participate in immunisations/vaccinations to safeguard the most vulnerable.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Associate Professor Thomas Chan
- Clinical Services Director, Medical Subacute and Palliative Care
- (03) 8754 3206 or 0405 142 783
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button.