- Posted by:
Are you a skilled people leader with excellent time management and problem-solving capabilities? This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Health Information Manager looking for a new challenge to bring your expertise, your knowledge and your skills to make a difference to the way we approach our work to better meet patients, whānau and stakeholder needs.
The opportunity | Ngā whakaritenga o te mahi
We are seeking a health information management expert with a passion for leading people and delivery of best practice in all aspect of health information management. This senior role will lead a team of experienced managers and professionals who support the health information management operational teams including:
- clinical record scanning
- clinical record management including release of information and scanning
- clinical record forms management
- clinical coding, casemix and clinical documentation improvement
- clinical transcription
- data quality activities
- user access auditing
As Director Health Information Management you will provide operational leadership and be responsible for the management, planning and delivery of best practice clinical coding, clinical transcription and clinical records management. We are seeking an individual who is organised, proactive, resourceful, motivated and resilient.
If this resonates with you, then this exciting opportunity to be part of our team should not be missed.
About you | He kōrero mōu
To be successful in this position, it is expected that you will have the following attributes:
- Proven experience in managing, leading and motivating large teams in a complex health environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and liaison/negotiating skills and the ability to prepare policies and procedures and high-level reports.
- A strong understanding of Clinical Coding, Casemix, and DRG classification systems.
- Experience in working with health records (paper and electronic), clinical forms development and knowledge of best practice and relevant legislation.
- Detail oriented and organised with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of regulations, legislation, policies and procedures relevant to health information management and privacy.
- Demonstrated ability in developing effective relationships to promote and progress health information management processes and initiatives.
- Strong customer centric focus.
- Experience in leading organisational change and service improvement initiatives.
You will also have:
- Master / Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience workingin a Health Information management position - a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with at least three years as an area/department manager
- Practical experience in ICD10-AM coding and knowledge of casemix funding
- A high level of computer literacy
This full time position is offering 80 hours per fortnight on a 24 month contract with the possibility of extension.
For all aspects about the role - please refer to position description.
An attractive relocation package, can be discussed.
If you would like the opportunity to contribute to the health and wellbeing of our Auckland community and share Auckland DHB’s values of Haere Mai (Welcome), Manaaki (Respect), Tūhono (Together), and Angamua (Aim High) we would love to hear from you.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Belinda, Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com by quoting ADHB13168 to discuss how we can best support your application.
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19.