- Posted by:
Royal Brisbane and Womens Hospital
The Deputy Director, Health Information Services (HIS) is responsible for leading the health informatics portfolio within the HIM team at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital.
- Responsible for leading the HIM health informatics portfolio of patient clinical information systems including the ieMR (electronic medical record), HBCIS (patient administration system), ESM (appointment Scheduling), Client Directory and associated unique patient identification, Winscribe (digital dictation system), My Health Record, The Viewer (EMR), EDS (electronic discharge summary), Secure Transfer Service (STS) and the Kofax scanning solution.
- Lead the management, maintenance, data quality and reporting from the portfolio of clinical applications to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and quality of patient and related data, including maintenance of relevant procedures, as well as the provision of support and training of clinical and administrative staff;
- Lead and develop staff within the health informatics team providing support and guidance to the role they undertake and the service they provide to the RBWH clinical teams;
- Monitor the use of clinical applications such as the ieMR, ESM and Winscribe that directly influence patient safety, to ensure that all data is accurate and timely for clinicians at the front line of care;
- Develop relevant procedures to assure integrated medical records at all times, consistent with the expectations of the National Safety and Quality Health Standards;
- Project manage various projects focussed on improving the ‘business as usual' state in accordance with the vision to move the hospital closer to a fully digital state;
- Provide strategic advice to clinical teams on how to best use data available to them so that they may improve the way healthcare is delivered and monitor patient safety;