- Posted by:
- Rewarding and collaborative work environment
- Purpose driven organisation
- Fixed term position, 12 months
VCS Foundation Ltd, trading as the Australian Centre for the Prevention of Cervical Cancer (ACPCC) is a not-for-profit organisation drawing on over 50 years of expertise in cancer prevention through pathology services, cancer screening and vaccination registries. ACPCC has helped halve the rate of Cervical Cancer in Victoria, when compared to the rest of Australia and is aligned with the World Health Organization's Call to Action to eliminate cervical cancer for all women.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced Data and Reporting Project Officer to join their Population Health team. The Data and Reporting Project Officer plays an integral role supporting the data and reporting projects and activities associated with the delivery of the Victorian Cancer Screening Framework’s Data and Surveillance Strategy.
- Assist with and lead key data and reporting projects and activities associated with the Victorian Cancer Screening Framework’s Data and Surveillance Strategy in accordance with defined requirements, timeframes, protocols and outcomes.
- Provide critical project support including administrative assistance, maintenance of documentation, participation in relevant meetings, co-ordination of project tasks and activities, monitoring and tracking against project plans, identification of issues and risks and project reporting.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with project partners and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of data and reporting activities in line with the requirements of the Data and Surveillance Strategy.
- Extract and provide data, reports and information and use Business Intelligence reporting tools, standard reports and other software packages to produce data and reports.
- Work closely with and assist other Population Health staff with the coordination of data management and related activities to support Population Health services.
- Prepare operational policy, procedure and reference documents to support the Data and Surveillance Strategy and to ensure the quality, security and privacy of data including access and security safeguards.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification e.g., Health Information Management, Health Informatics, Public Health.
- Demonstrated experience supporting projects and working with data and reports including data extraction, analysis, and production of statistical reports.
- A high-level understanding of quality principles, frameworks, privacy, and confidential information
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting writing skills.
- Well-developed IT skills with demonstrated abilities in the use of reporting writing tools, spreadsheets, and statistical software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively across all levels of the organisation
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- A positive can-do attitude that embraces a collaborative culture of learning and knowledge sharing.
What we are offering
- Generous entitlements including salary packaging benefits
- Central location close to public transport
- Access to our Employee assistance program
How to Apply.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now and submit your CV and cover letter! A Position Description can be requested by emailing HR@vcs.org.au