- Posted by:
An opportunity is available at Mackay Base Hospital for a 3-month temporary full-time Data Manager from 15 March 2021 to 27 June 2021, with the possibility of extension.
To manage and maintain a high level of data reporting and analysis to support patient care, activity-based funding, operational and strategic plans of the Mackay Hospital and Health Service and integrate data from a range of health information systems to provide meaningful reports for clinicians, managers and administration staff ensuring data quality and best practices are maintained.
How you will be assessed:
• Demonstrated experience in the management, administration and technical aspects of information management systems utilised by Queensland Health such as HBCIS, including extraction, interpretation and provision of patient information.
• The ability to acquire the knowledge of additional information systems such as ieMR, EDS, My Health Record and The Viewer currently used at MHHS.
• Sound knowledge of business process modelling and improvement techniques, including identifying requirements, writing specifications, analysing and designing within an information system environment including the ability to identify and evaluate the opportunity for the application of re-engineered work practices with respect to business functions including the maximum utilisation of technology.
• Demonstrated ability to review health information and clinical information system operations to determine their effectiveness, and to make recommendations about policy initiatives and corporate strategies affected by the system operations.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff at various levels throughout a large, diverse organisation, including a demonstrated high level of written, interpersonal communications, negotiation and consultation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team member to achieve organisational goals and to implement and improve business systems while motivating, training and leading staff in a complex, diverse and changing environment based on skills in service evaluation and continuous quality improvement.