- Posted by:
Data Manager VINAH
Part time (64 hours per fortnight) or full time (80 hours per fortnight with a monthly ADO) - Fixed term until 22/7/2022
Ballarat Health Services provides a complex range of surgical, medical, obstetric, psychiatric, palliative care, rehabilitation and residential services. Ballarat is located approximately 75 minutes drive west of Melbourne and offers a wide range of recreational, sporting and social facilities for a population of over 100,000 people. A vibrant, progressive regional city, Ballarat is large enough to retain its own regional flavour but is within easy commuting distance to Melbourne.
The Health Information Services team is seeking a VINAH Data Manager to join the team. The main focus of this role and will involve working with partner VINAH Officer/HIM to manage the VINAH dataset. The role may also include management of minor datasets and reporting.
VINAH Data management
- Undertake data extraction, cleansing, submission, cleansing, reconciliation cycle, ensuring DH and internal reporting timelines are met.
- Collect/extract, cleanse and submit data for the AIMS dataset as per relevant body reporting requirements
- Maintain quality control and reconciliation measures for VINAH
- Liaise with staff involved in front end data collection facilitate error correction and prevention.
- Manage 1 July change process for VINAH
Other Data Collections/Reporting
- VASM – monthly submission and notifications. Manage extract of medical record for peer review.
- Discharge summary KPIs
Key selection criteria include:
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Willingness and aptitude to learn
- Excellent attention to detail, thoroughness and follow through
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with the VINAH dataset would be highly regarded
- Experience working with IBA webPAS and Outpatient data would be highly regarded
- Qualification in Health Information Management
For further enquiries please contact Pauline Basilio, Manager of Health Information Services on 0422115201
Immunisation clearance and police check are mandatory for this position.
All applications must be submitted online.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement for healthcare workers in Victoria, and as such, all employees at Ballarat Health Services.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependant.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.