- Posted by:
DATA AND REPORTING MANAGER
AUSTRALIAN CENTRE FOR THE PREVENTION OF CERVIAL CANCER
- Rewarding and collaborative work environment
- Purpose driven organisation
- East Melbourne location close to public transport
WHO WE ARE
VCS Foundation, trading as the Australian Centre for the Prevention of Cervical Cancer, is a not-for-profit organisation drawing on over 50 years of expertise in cancer prevention through pathology services, cancer screening and vaccination registries. We have helped to reduce the mortality rate from cervical cancer in Victoria to half that of the rest of Australia. Our purpose aligns with the World Health Organization's Call to Action to eliminate cervical cancer for all women.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Data and Reporting Manager will lead a team responsible for a cancer screening data and reporting solution for Victoria. Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the Data and Reporting team and oversee the accurate, informative and timely provision of data and reports ensuring all protocols, procedures and relevant work practices, performance expectations, quality standards contractual obligations, legislative/regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Extract and provide data, reports and information as required for the purposes of monitoring and evaluation, compliance reporting, operations and management, statistical reports and to support research activities.
- Utilise Business Intelligence reporting tools, standard reports and other software packages to produce data and reports, including the translation and interpretation of data into dashboards, briefings, and discussion papers.
- Manage the timely and accurate provision of routine data and statistical reports as required to key stakeholders.
- Promote and build positive working relationships with colleagues, management, program partners and key stakeholders, including the provision of expert advice and guidance, regarding services and issues, and representing the organisation as required on relevant groups, committees, at meetings and events.
- Assist with and lead as required key data and reporting projects and activities associated with the Victorian Cancer Screening Framework’s Data and Surveillance Strategy in accordance with defined requirements, timeframes, protocols and outcomes.
- Participate in and undertake quality improvement activities, including reviews, audits and monitoring, and the reporting of quality measures.
- Provide feedback and contribute to the planning, development and implementation of policies and procedures including review and identification of process improvement opportunities.
We are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Health Information Management, Health Informatics, or in a discipline with a strong health focus e.g. public health / epidemiology / statistics.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with data and reports including data extraction, analysis and production of statistical reports.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of report writing tools, spreadsheets and statistical software.
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with range of stakeholders to build effective teams and partnerships.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level understanding of quality principles and frameworks.
- High level understanding of privacy and confidentiality of information.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.