- January 14, 2020
- Posted by:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Hospital for Women has an exciting opportunity for an experienced or aspiring Coding Educator to join the friendly Coding Quality Team at Mercy Health. We are passionate about coding quality and can offer you a challenging casemix in addition to job variety and professional development. Our scanned medical record is being implemented in February 2020, this will allow for cross campus (Werribee Mercy Hospital) training and auditing and remote working opportunities.
- 12 month fixed term maternity leave contract. 60 hours per fortnight based at Mercy Hospital for Women (MHW) in Heidelberg
- Supported by a team of Coding Educators and a Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
- Conduct coding audits across all specialties and sites to ensure coding accuracy and optimal funding
- Oversee coder training at MHW (Obstetrics, Neonates, NICU, Gynaecology, Oncology)
- Once scanning is implemented assist with training all Mercy coders in all specialities irrespective of site. Werribee Mercy has a diverse casemix including ICU, Medical, Surgery, Orthopaedics, ENT, Gastroenterology, Paediatrics, Oncology, ED SSU, Subacute & Mental Health
- Provide ongoing education opportunities for the coding team
- Work with clinical staff on documentation improvement initiatives and data requests
- Easy access via public transport
- Minimum 3 years coding experience with exposure to a diverse casemix.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10-AM coding and Casemix funding principles.
- Relevant tertiary or postgraduate qualifications in Health Information Management or equivalent.
- Eligible for full membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA).
- High attention to detail and a passion for coding quality.
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 6 Public Specialist Teaching Hospital providing both public and private patient care through maternity services, neonatology and paediatrics, perioperative services, gynaecology, women's health and associated health, support and diagnostic services. We are a major teaching hospital and specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than 'just a job.' At Mercy Health, we pride ourselves on our values-based culture, and offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.