- February 17, 2020
- Posted by:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Werribee Mercy Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an experienced or aspiring Coding Educator to join the friendly Coding Quality Team at Mercy Health. We are passionate about coding quality and can offer a diverse and challenging casemix within a rapidly growing Health Service in addition to job variety and professional development. Mercy Health is currently implementing a scanned medical record which will support cross campus (Mercy Hospital for Women) and remote working opportunities.
- Grade 3 role
- Permanent full time (part time considered) based at Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Supported by senior HIMs/coders in the Coding Quality Team
- Conduct coding audits across all specialties/sites to ensure accuracy and optimal funding
- Participate in the Clinical Documentation Improvement program
- Support trainee coders and provide ongoing education opportunities for the coding team
- Diverse casemix including ICU
- Easy access via public transport and affordable onsite staff parking
- Minimum 3 years coding experience with exposure to a diverse casemix.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10-AM Australian Coding Standards and Casemix Funding principles.
- Relevant tertiary or postgraduate qualifications in Health Information Management or equivalent.
- Eligible for full membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA).
- High attention to detail and a passion for coding quality.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ At Mercy Health, we pride ourselves on our values-based culture, and offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply for this position please visit the following link - https://mercyhealth.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=KAXyg0wV6DJ3Pmcpk/89Pw==&jbc=ere