- June 18, 2020
- Posted by:
Clinical Coding Auditor– Healthe Care Australia, Acute Services (Full Time/ Part Time/ Casual)
Healthe Care is EVERYWHERE! We are the third largest private health organisation in Australia and leading the way with innovative surgical techniques in our acute services. Our ‘People First, People Always’ values drive exceptional patient care outcomes and also ensure a supportive workplace in which to thrive.
Applications are invited from experienced coding auditor/educators to be a part of a newly established Coding and Revenue Assurance team. Utilising scanned medical record episodes you will play an integral role in supporting our Clinical Coding teams nationally within the quality and revenue assurance space.
Reporting to the National Health Information Manager- Acute Services, the Revenue Assurance team perform audit, training and education activities to ensure clinical coding and documentation are of a high standard and our reported data reflects patient acuity and resource utilisation.
Day to day tasks include the following:
- Review of coded episodes prior to invoicing to ensure coded data quality and clinical documentation supports payment integrity
- Resolve ambiguities in coding and/or documentation by seeking clarification from relevant coding advisory committees and clinicians
- Identify and report systematic issues pertaining to coding and documentation deficiencies, contract compliance and billing
- Provide advice and guidance to Clinical Coders with respect to the Australian Clinical Coding Standards and National /State Coding Advice
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or Cert IV in Clinical Classification (or equivalent) with extensive Clinical Coding experience in a large acute surgical hospital
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Recent experience in providing supportive coding feedback/ mentoring
- Recent experience in audits supporting coding quality and revenue optimisation
- Strong desire to share your knowledge and develop and encourage others
- Competent with navigating new IT platforms and software, patient administration systems and operating in a scanned record environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical challenges and drive workflow process design
- Able to actively contribute to development of policies, procedures and strategic initiatives across clinical coding and auditing, scanning and clinical documentation integrity