- Posted by:
- An exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Health Information Manager/Coding Auditor looking to further their career
- Permanent part-time and fixed term positions available
- Supported by Coding Manager, HIS Manager, Coding Educators and Coding Auditors
About St Vincent’s:
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About Health Information Services & the Role
This position works within the Health Information Services department alongside 21 other Health Information Managers & Clinical Coders. St Vincent’s utilise a scanned medical record (InfoMedix) and coding is performed from the scanned medical record. We have monthly coding meetings which include education/presentations etc. from other departments. We have a Coding Manager, Coding Auditors & educators within our team and a comprehensive training program is undertaken for all new staff. Working from home is offered to all our HIM/Clinical coding staff.
As one of Australia’s outstanding tertiary teaching hospitals, St Vincent’s offers varied case mix complexity including neurosurgery, plastics, orthopaedics, respiratory, cardiothoracic, oncology, mental health and ICU.
Classifications for this position will range from JB10 - JB13 ($93, 860 - $107,234 per annum pro rata).
- Auditing of clinical coding at a tertiary hospital
- Responsible for the accurate auditing and analysing of medical records to ensure relevant clinical documentation and to recognise appropriate funding
- Provision of audit findings to HIM/Clinical coding staff individually and at coding meetings.
- Clinical coding and ad hoc projects as required
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A qualification in Health Information Management or clinical coding
- 4-6 years previous coding experience and comprehensive knowledge of Casemix Funding principles
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to build relationships in clinical and non-clinical environment
- Ability to achieve targets & deadlines
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent oral and writing skills
- Thorough understanding of Australian Coding Standards as well as published state and national coding advice
- Eligible for membership of the Health Information Managers Association
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Parking
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you would like further information, contact our Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator through our careers page.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.