- Posted by:
- Grow your career with Australia's largest private Healthcare provider
- Permanent part-time Opportunity (60hrs per f/n)
- VIC Location
An exciting opportunity exists for a Regional Coding Auditor & Educator role in the Southern Region.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder with recent auditing and education experience to join our team.
The successful applicant will undertake regional clinical coding audits, training, develop and implement coding education, and work to improve the workflow and accuracy of clinical coding at local, regional and national levels.
The successful applicant must:
- Have a Bachelor of Health Management/Certificate IV in Clinical Classification (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ recent experience as a clinical coding including complex and varied case mix
- Extensive private hospital coding experience with an understanding of private health insurance rules and funding models is desirable,
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of clinical coding using the current ICD-AM and the ability to apply up to date coding standards and practice
- Have the ability to travel to sites as required
- Be able to work within a team environment or independently, using initiative to investigate concerns and participate in the development of audit programs
- Have well-developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Have effective communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, planning, and organisation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, managing multiple tasks, delivering results within timeframes and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Holding a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment and/or External Clinical Auditing Course Certificate is desirable