- Posted by:
- Take your health information management career to the next level
- Showcase your superior leadership and clinical coding and casemix knowledge
- Leadership of the delivery of clinical coding services for Victoria’s largest health service and a team of over 50.
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health
Monash Health provides a world of healthcare across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities. We employee more than 18,000 staff who work across 40 care locations. In Monash Health your own growth and development is important and with us you can really be your best. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
The Clinical Coding and Casemix Manager role reports under the Specialist Consulting, Health Information and Language Services Program at Monash Health.
About Specialist Consulting Health Information and Language Services (SCHILS) at Monash Health:
The program is responsible for the governance and service delivery of:
- Acute Specialist Clinics across a number of Monash Health sites
- Health Information including admissions, scanning, statutory data reporting, clinical coding and patient information (non EMR)
- Language Services
We are now looking to appoint a motivated senior leader for the Clinical Coding Service within the SCHILS Program.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Health Information Manager to join the well-established Clinical Coding team at Monash Health.
Leading our Coding Advisors, Coding Team Coaches and Clinical Coders you will be responsible for the effective delivery of the Clinical Coding Service, through the management of resources, information systems and processes.
You will use your excellent people skills to work with an experienced clinical coding team in a collaborative manner to provide high quality outcomes both for staff and for the service.
Your interest in clinical coding, data reporting and IT systems will drive your ability to facilitate the clinical coding team to continue achieving efficient and effective results.
We are looking for a Health Information Manager who has had at least five years of experience within an acute hospital in Victoria who is keen to take their coding knowledge, education and management skills and grow them with us.
Flexible working arrangements including flexible work hours and the ability to work from home are available.
As a Clinical Coding and Casemix Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Managing resources to support effectiveness of Clinical Coding Service delivery
- Achieving internal and external coding KPIs and targets
- Maintaining currency of coding information systems
- Implementing strategies and initiatives to support casemix and funding changes
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Medical Classification)/Bachelor of Health Information Management or other equivalent qualification and eligibility for full membership to the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Management and leadership experience in a large healthcare organisation
- excellent relationship building skills
- innovative and creative problem solving ability
- evidence of developing a high performing team or teams
- Currency of knowledge in ICD-10-AM, ACS, VAED reporting, National Funding Model
- Ability to determine priorities and organise workload effectively and efficiently
- Knowledge / Experience with clinical coding IT systems, Infomedix Scanned Medical Record and Cerner systems
Work with us! Your benefits will include salary packaging, and our employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and a Working With Children Check.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.