- Posted by:
An exciting new opportunity to become the Clinical Coding & Casemix Manager currently exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Health Information Manager to join the well-established Clinical Coding team at Monash Health. Leading the Coding Advisors, Coding Team Coaches and Clinical Coders you will be responsible for the effective delivery of the Clinical Coding Service, through the management of resources, information systems and processes.
Monash Health is entering an exciting era with the opening of the new Victorian Heart Hospital, with this role playing a key role in the establishment of the coding team at the new hospital as well as other innovations to integrate and automate clinical documentation integrity, medical records clinical coding and performance monitoring across all Monash Health facilities. You will use your excellent people skills to work with an experienced clinical coding team in a collaborative manner to provide high quality outcomes both for staff and for the service. Your interest in clinical coding, data reporting and IT systems will drive your ability to facilitate the clinical coding team to continue achieving efficient and effective results.
To be successful you need to be an experienced Health Information Manager who has had at least five years of experience within an acute hospital.
As a Clinical Coding and Casemix Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Managing resources to support effectiveness of Clinical Coding Service delivery
- Achieving internal and external coding KPIs and targets
- Maintaining currency of coding information systems
- Implementing strategies and initiatives to support casemix and funding changes
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Medical Classification)/Bachelor of Health Information Management or other equivalent qualification and eligibility for full membership to the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Management and leadership experience in a large healthcare organisation excellent relationship building skills innovative and creative problem solving ability evidence of developing a high performing team or teams
- Currency of knowledge in ICD-10-AM, ACS, VAED reporting, National Funding Model
- Ability to determine priorities and organise workload effectively and efficiently
Note: Flexible working arrangements including flexible work hours and the ability to work from home are available.