- June 29, 2020
- Posted by:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder with recent auditing experience to join our dedicated Clinical Coding Team on a permanent full-time basis.
About the Role
As the Clinical Coding Auditor, you will be responsible for managing all internal and external (third party/health fund) auditing activities, as well as associated quality improvement initiatives.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop, implement and coordinate an internal clinical coding audit program
- Develop presentations and conduct feedback sessions to the clinical coding and clinical documentation improvement teams based on internal and external audit results
- Act as the principal point of contact for all Health Information Services-related billing queries, ensuring an efficient and accurate flow of information between Greenslopes Private Hospital and key internal/external revenue cycle stakeholders
- Track and report on audit activity, identifying trends/areas of risk and recommending appropriate solutions
Reporting to the Manager Health Information Services, this is an exciting opportunity to join the GPH senior coding team, working closely with our Clinical Coding Supervisor, Clinical Coding Educator, experienced Clinical Documentation Specialists and Group Revenue Management Team to support key department functions.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced clinical coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities. You will be a self-motivated with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills. Knowledge and experience of private hospital billing is desirable but not essential.
You will also demonstrate;
- Minimum 4 years clinical coding experience in a tertiary hospital utilising ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 9th 10th and 11th Editions
- Sound knowledge of AR-DRGs and casemix funding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills