- Posted by:
Clinical Coding Assurance Auditor (Pre-Billing Auditor)
Norwest Private Hospital
We believe in the delivery of quality clinical outcomes for our patients. Healthscope have over 19000 staff who are passionate and dedicated to providing quality healthcare. We provide exceptional patient care and support for our doctors.
Our people are known for achieving exceptional clinical outcomes, transparent public reporting and positive patient feedback that leads the industry. No matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families and it is a privilege to be part of their care.
Norwest Private Hospital is located in the rapidly developing North West corridor of Sydney and is operated by Healthscope, a leading provider of private healthcare in Australia. The hospital has 277 beds and is a high acuity facility with an Emergency Department located in Sydney’s Bella Vista.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Clinical Coding Assurance Auditor to support our clinical coding team within the quality and revenue assurance space.
Working in a supportive environment, this is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Clinical Coder or Clinical Coding Auditor who is ready for a new challenge.
As the Clinical Coding Assurance Auditor your responsibilities will include:
- Review coded episodes prior to invoicing to minimise coding and documentation inaccuracies
- Provide sound advice and guidance to Clinical Coders with respect to the Australian Clinical Coding Standards and National and State coding advice
- Resolve ambiguities in the coding and documentation by seeking clarification from relevant clinicians
- Contribute to the analysis of revenue recovery, including identification and analysis of coding and documentation deficiencies
- Contribute to internal and external audits as required, including follow up on audit recommendations and reports
- Perform data and revenue quality functions as required
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders regarding coding and documentation issues.
What you'll need to succeed
- Clinical Coding certificate from the Health Information Management Association of Australia Ltd (HIMAA)
- At least five years of recent clinical coding or clinical coding auditing experience in an acute medium to large hospital
- Previous experience in a clinical coding or auditing role at an Australian private hospital
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Clinical Coding certificate from HIMAA at Advanced or Certification level
- Clinical Coding Auditing certificate
- Working knowledge of private health funding models.
What we can offer you
- Supportive Management
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Close to shopping centre and public transport
- Reduced car park rates
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation – no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for. Healthscope opens the door to endless opportunities for our people, giving them the flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development and education and support our people to grow and flourish securely.
We pride ourselves on working with talented, passionate and caring people to ensure our patients receive the highest quality care and experience during their stay with us.
While our hospital network is vast, Healthscope is a family. We support each other, we share learnings, celebrate successes and face challenges together.
Come and be the difference in our patient’s lives.
Applications close: 2nd August 2021
For further enquiries: Diana Erika, Revenue Integrity Lead, at Diana.Erika@healthscope.com.au or 0439 603 777
More Information: Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check (no more than 3 months old) and a current working with children check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases as a Category A Healthcare worker.
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details for two professional referees.