- Posted by:
Clinical Coding Assurance Auditor (Pre-Billing Auditor)
- Supportive management
- Key clinical coding auditing role
- Previous experience in a clinical coding or coding auditing role at an Australian medium to large acute hospitalWorking in a supportive environment, this is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Clinical Coder or Clinical Coding Auditor who is ready for a new challenge.
- As the Clinical Coding Assurance Auditor your responsibilities will include:
- Based in Randwick, Sydney, this established full time position in Prince of Wales Private Hospital supports our clinical coding team within the quality and revenue assurance space.
- Review coded episodes prior to invoicing to minimise coding and documentation inaccuracies
- Provide sound advice and guidance to Clinical Coders with respect to the Australian Clinical Coding Standards and National and State coding advice
- Resolve ambiguities in the coding and documentation by seeking clarification from relevant clinicians
- Contribute to the analysis of revenue recovery, including identification and analysis of coding and documentation deficiencies
- Contribute to internal and external audits as required, including follow up on audit recommendations and reports
- Perform data and revenue quality functions as required
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders regarding coding and documentation issues.
Prince of Wales Private is a 168 bed high acuity facility located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney and is operated by Healthscope, a leading provider of private healthcare in Australia. Please visit our website www.princeofwalesprivatehospital.com.au for further information about our hospital and its services.
- Clinical Coding certificate from the Health Information Management Association of Australia Ltd (HIMAA)
- At least five years of recent clinical coding or clinical coding auditing experience in an acute medium to large hospital
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Clinical Coding certificate from HIMAA at Advanced or Certification level
- Clinical Coding Auditing certificate
- Previous experience in a clinical coding or auditing role at an Australian private hospital
- Working knowledge of private health funding models.