- January 17, 2020
- Posted by:
Clinical Coding Assurance Auditor – Norwest Private Hospital
Based in Bella Vista, Sydney, this is a recently established full time position in the Health Information Services department of Norwest Private Hospital to support our clinical coding team within the quality and revenue assurance space.
Working with a supportive team, this is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Clinical Coder who is ready for a new challenge.
Norwest Private Hospital is a 277 bed high acuity facility located in Sydney’s rapidly developing North West and is operated by Healthscope, a leading provider of private healthcare in Australia. Please visit our website www.norwestprivatehospital.com.au for further information about our hospital and its services.
Day to day tasks include the following:
- Provide sound advice and guidance to Clinical Coders with respect to the Australian Clinical Coding Standards and National and State coding advice
- Review coded episodes prior to invoicing to minimise coding and documentation inaccuracies
- Resolve ambiguities in the coding and documentation by seeking clarification from relevant coding advisory committees and clinicians
- Contribute to the analysis of revenue recovery, including identification and analysis of coding and documentation deficiencies
- Contribute to internal and external audits as required, including follow up on audit recommendations and reports
- Perform data and revenue quality functions as required
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders regarding coding and documentation issues.
- Strong background in clinical coding with at least 5 years of recent experience at a medium to large acute hospital
- Keen interest and understanding about the commercial implications of coded data
- Must be competent in the use of MS Excel.
Applications close: Thursday 30 January 2020
For further enquiries: Diana Erika - State Revenue Manager;
Email: Diana Erika@healthscope.com.au; 0439 603 777