- Posted by:
Clinical Coding Assurance Auditor (Pre-Billing Auditor)
- Supportive management
- Key clinical coding auditing role
- Previous experience in a clinical coding or coding auditing role at an Australian medium to large acute hospital
Based in Bella Vista, Sydney, this established full time position in Norwest Private Hospital supports our clinical coding team within the quality and revenue assurance space.
Working in a supportive environment, this is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Clinical Coder or Clinical Coding Auditor who is ready for a new challenge.
As the Clinical Coding Assurance Auditor your responsibilities will include:
- Review coded episodes prior to invoicing to minimise coding and documentation inaccuracies
- Provide sound advice and guidance to Clinical Coders with respect to the Australian Clinical Coding Standards and National and State coding advice
- Resolve ambiguities in the coding and documentation by seeking clarification from relevant clinicians
- Contribute to the analysis of revenue recovery, including identification and analysis of coding and documentation deficiencies
- Contribute to internal and external audits as required, including follow up on audit recommendations and reports
- Perform data and revenue quality functions as required
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders regarding coding and documentation issues.
Norwest Private Hospital is a 277 bed high acuity facility located in north west of Sydney and is operated by Healthscope, a leading provider of private healthcare in Australia. Please visit our website www.norwestprivatehospital.com.au for further information about our hospital and its services.
- Clinical Coding certificate from the Health Information Management Association of Australia Ltd (HIMAA)
- At least five years of recent clinical coding or clinical coding auditing experience in an acute medium to large hospital
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Clinical Coding certificate from HIMAA at Advanced or Certification level
- Clinical Coding Auditing certificate
- Previous experience in a clinical coding or auditing role at an Australian private hospital
- Working knowledge of private health funding models.