- Posted by:
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
We are currently seeking experienced, dynamic and collaborative Health Information Managers/ Clinical Coders to join the newly created National Coding Team.
The successful incumbents will enjoy working in a supportive team with experienced Coding Operations Team Leads for day to day activities as well as benefiting from being a part of a large national team for support and development.
Our dedicated National Coding Team work alongside and closely with our Hospital Health Information Services caregivers and Clinical Documentation Specialists to ensure accurate and complete coding.
Our newly created National Coding Team has a committed Coding Education team to support the ongoing training and educational needs of the team as well as dedicated administrative support to ensure all episodes are coded with all of the information required to ensure accurate clinical coding
You will be responsible for the coding of all inpatient discharges covering all specialties in both public and private hospitals (acute and subacute episodes) according to National Coding Standards across WA, VIC and NSW. Training will be provided to support the coding of all specialties and specific hospital or state requirements.
- Assign diagnosis and procedure codes for all inpatient discharges using scanned or digital health records
- Utilise the 3M Codefinder (or similar system) to ensure accurate code and DRG assignment
- Contribute to editing and verification processes in the preparation of coded data for submission
- Provide feedback on documentation to enable documentation improvement across all hospitals
- Follow standardised National Coding Operation processes
- Work collaboratively with Health Information Services caregiver network
You will have minimum two years of recent clinical coding experience in a tertiary or secondary hospital, with evidence of meeting coding expectations, along with a Bachelor Health Information Management, or completion of a suitable Clinical Cording qualification.
To be successful you will need to be self-motivated, reliable with a commitment to ongoing learning and quality improvement, along with a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of hospital funding models for both public and private hosptials.
We can offer you:
- Highly competitive salary & conditions
- Generous salary packaging options
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- Dedicated education team and mentoring
- A diverse casemix
- A welcoming & supportive culture
- Flexibile work options – negotiable hours, working from home or remote work options
- Discounts on hospital services & private health insurance
- Option to purchase up to two weeks of additional annual leave
* All applicants are asked to submit a covering letter (of no more than two (2) pages) demonstrating how you meet the essential requirements of the role
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Health Care are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19, or meet the criteria for exemption, in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.