- Posted by:
Calvary have a rewarding opportunity for highly experienced casual Clinical Coders to provide high quality accurate and timely coding service across a range of our hospitals located Nationally (NSW, ACT, SA, TAS & VIC).
Working remotely and using the ICD-10-AM Classification System in accordance with coding guidelines you will be responsible for remote coding (using a scanned medical record) of episodes from across the Calvary network (both public and private hospitals).
These roles will require knowledge of coding and reporting rules and guidelines from each of the states and will also assist in our National Senior Clinical Coder and National Clinical Coder in responding to coding questions from our hospitals.
The successful candidate will have:
- Recognised Clinical Coding qualification or Degree qualified in Health Information Management/Medical Record Administration or equivalent competency through clinical coding experience
- Experience and demonstrated competency in Clinical Coding using ICD-10-AM Classification system across a broad casemix for a period of at least 2 years
- Demonstrated competence in clinical coding in all or a majority of the advised States and Territories as well as an ability to apply relevant coding standards (State/National)
- Knowledge of AR-DRGs and Casemix funding and experience coding with 3M Codefinder software
- Ability to effectively work unsupervised and remotely to code medical records across Calvary Hospitals
- Ability to prioritise workload to tight deadlines and produce outcomes
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with relevant knowledge of medical terminology providing high level guidance
- Experience in a Hospital or health care setting is desirable
As these roles are working remotely the location base and working hours are flexible.