- January 4, 2020
- Posted by: HIMAA
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 1
Remuneration: $74,406 - $100,090 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ138553
Are you an advanced Coder? Want to be part of an expert supportive coding team? We are seeking dedicated, self-motivated driven clinical coders who are looking for career advancement opportunities in Clinical Coding.
Where you'll be working
The Coding Unit at Prince of Wales is a supportive team who provides a high quality and specialised coding service for Prince of Wales, Royal Hospital and Sydney Hospital Sydney Eye Hospital. The casemix is complex and ranges across medical, surgical, aged care and mental health services.
What you'll be doing
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional care, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
Clinically classify admitted patients using ICD-10-AM at a high quality and advanced level for Prince of Wales, Royal Hospital for Women and Sydney Eye Hospital . This is to support the efficient and effective operation of the Clinical Coding Unit and to meet Activity Based Funding (ABF) targets and service objectives in a timely, reliable and efficient manner.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
1. Relevant qualification in HIMAA Advanced Clinical Coding Course and HIMAA Clinical Coder Certification in current ICD-10-AM version and extensive experience in clinical coding.
2. Demonstrated high quality coding across a wide range of complex clinical specialties with a ninety percent accuracy coding rate
3. Demonstrated knowledge of Australian and NSW Coding Standards.
4. Demonstrated understanding of Diagnosis Related Groups and ABF and supporting Coding roles such as audits, coaching, training and development.
5. Demonstrated effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet conflicting Coding deadlines
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to facilitate accurate and complete clinical documentation to improve coding quality.
7. Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to raise appropriate Clinical Coding queries, make meaningful interpretations and develop and run complex coding reports for data integrity and the monitoring of Coding functions
8. High level skills with MS suite of software and other relevant computer applications e.g. 3M encoder and Patient Administration Systems
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Maria Salazar on Maria.Salazar@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 12 January 2020
Candidates can apply via https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/jobs/clinical-coder-specialist-prince-of-...