- Posted by:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Werribee Mercy Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder with a passion for coding, to join our Health Information Service team based at our Werribee campus.
Summary of the role: Having recently implemented a Scanned Medical Record (SMR), our team is embarking on the many benefits that are associated with a SMR. Werribee Mercy offers a broad casemix and variety in coding.
- Located at our Werribee site.
- Permanent Part Time, 60 hours per fortnight.
- Ensure completion of monthly ICD-10-AM coding within set deadlines and to participate and report on quality coding and casemix reviews and audits.
- Participate in quality management studies aimed at improving HIS service, systems and procedures towards better internal and external HIS customer service.
- Participate in appropriate 'portfolio' tasks as directed, including data reporting, forms design, and quality activities.
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent with eligibility for full HIMAA Membership.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10-AM coding and casemix.
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite experience, 3M codefinder and Patient & Client Management System (PCMS) exposure, or the ability to pick up in-house systems quickly