- April 29, 2020
- Posted by:
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. An exciting opportunity exists for suitably qualified Clinical Coders to join our expanding team in permanent roles. Ideally we’d like you to work full time, although we can consider part time (minimum 24 hours per week). If successful, you would be based at either Dandenong Hospital or Monash Medical Centre, Clayton.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to expand your clinical coding skillset
- A huge range of Casemix specialties across the entire life-span from newborn and children, to adults including Neonatology, Cardiothoracic, Obstetrics and Neurosurgery.
- Coding from an electronic medical record
- Initial and ongoing training, guidance and support will be provided by our highly experienced Coding Advisor team.
- Professional development forums
- Other opportunities may be available e.g. auditing or education roles
- Self-managed coding teams
- Flexible, family-friendly work arrangements
- Potential to work remotely (50% of time)
- Accrued Days Off (full time employees)
- Staff benefits include salary packaging, staff gym, discounted health insurance and close to public transport
To be successful in this position
On a personal level you:
- Have a keen interest in a career in clinical coding and a passion for learning and ongoing development of coding and associated skills
- Are looking for the variety and challenge that comes from a diverse Casemix
- Thrive working with a dedicated self-managed team within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
You must have:
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or Clinical Coder qualification and eligible for HIMAA registration
- Relevant computer technical skills applicable to Clinical Coding Services
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work both in an unsupervised self-directed environment and within a self-managed team
- Are an Australian citizen or permanent resident to apply
- Previous coding experience in a health facility
Applicants will be required to complete a coding test to assess coding competency as a component of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Employee Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered