- Posted by:
Where you will be working
At Southern NSW Local Health District we are working to help our communities lead healthy lives. Our mission is for all people across out diverse societies are able to have timely access to the right healthcare in the right setting to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence.
There is an abundance of lifestyle benefits available to you in country NSW and you will be amazed at what you will have access to - and it comes without the queues and crowds of a big city. For more information visit our website.
Queanbeyan has an enviable lifestyle and affordable property, surrounded by and eclectic mix of small towns and villages. Canberra is a 5 minute drive aware, where you can enjoy all the attractions of the nation's capital. Connect easily and quickly with the world through the Canberra International Airport, with beach and ski fields just 2 hours away.
What you'll be doing
Lead, design and implement clinical coding capability building initiatives including education, audit, analysis and advice to create and effective internal control environment which ensures clinical documentation is complete to meet statutory compliance, patient safety and activity based funding requirements and to optimise revenue through activity reporting whilst managing the clinical coding workforce within your half of the District.
- Demonstrated current, high level experience in Clinical Coding at a HIMAA Advanced level using ICD-10-AM current edition with extensive understanding of the relationship between clinical coding, Casemix, DRG classifications systems and Activity Based Funding.
- Demonstrated advanced experience developing strategies and creating solutions which deliver timely and accurate coding outcomes in an Activity Based Funding and management environment over a range of DRGs including higher complexity/ larger locations.
- Evidence of advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including, negotiation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated passion for coding, highly developed ability to self-manage and a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Evidence of a strong clinical literacy and the ability to influence clinical staff.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding and experience in developing and delivering education and support to a range of staff including across a large geographic area.
- Evidence of attention to detail in monitoring, analysing, forecasting and reporting coding metrics that positively influence business outcomes.
- Evidence of a current unrestricted drivers’ licence and the ability to maintain. Ability and willingness to drive/travel as the role requires. This may involve driving long distances and overnight stays.
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 30 September 2021 and two doses by 30 November 2021 or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.