- Posted by:
Come and join the new health information management team in Southern NSW Local Health District. Work in a small team of 2 Clinical Coder Educator Auditors reporting to the District Health Information Manager.
Lead, design, implement and support clinical coding capability in the northern part of the District. Implement measures to improve and support clinical documentation for patient safety and activity based funding.
- Demonstrated current, high level experience in Clinical Coding at a HIMAA Advanced level using ICD-10-AM current edition with extensive understanding of the relationship between clinical coding, Casemix, DRG classifications systems and Activity Based Funding.
- Demonstrated advanced experience developing strategies and creating solutions which deliver timely and accurate coding outcomes in an Activity Based Funding and management environment over a range of DRGs including higher complexity/ larger locations.
- Evidence of advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including, negotiation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated passion for coding, highly developed ability to self-manage and a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Evidence of a strong clinical literacy and the ability to influence clinical staff.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding and experience in developing and delivering education and support to a range of staff including across a large geographic area.
- Evidence of attention to detail in monitoring, analysing, forecasting and reporting coding metrics that positively influence business outcomes.
- Evidence of a current unrestricted drivers’ licence and the ability to maintain. Ability and willingness to drive/travel as the role requires. This may involve driving long distances and overnight stays.
- Please indicate if you are a recipient of an affected letter due to the recent 2020 SNSWLHD Restructure
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. We do not offer sponsorship in this position for applicants requiring a temporary visa. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au