- July 15, 2020
- Posted by:
What you’ll do:
- Perform clinical coding using the ICD-10-AM classification system in accordance with National Coding Standards, including morphology coding, ICD diagnosis and procedure coding, DRG and other duties related to clinical information
- Establish and manage a clinical coding workflow that is compatible with billing, and provide business requirements to the IT department accordingly
- Ideally complete coding each episode the same day as the patient admission, or the following day.
- As the sole clinical coder on site, the coding includes all admissions, which are either medical oncology or haematology treatments.
- Review clinical notes and coordinate queries with clinicians for accurate coding
- Submit monthly HCP and PHDB reports
- Assist with other responsibilities, including clerical, reporting, medico-legal etc. as required
- Participate in projects, including implementations, and quality improvement activities as required
- Participate in audits related to coding and billing
- Be the first point of contact for patient account enquiries, received either over the phone or face to face
- Perform health fund eligibility checks and seek pre-approval for third party claims
- Complete an accurate estimation of costs and ensure patients have informed financial consent prior to treatment commencement
- Request the patient’s signature on HC21 and DVA forms for claiming purposes
- Interpret health fund contracts and follow Department of Health Private Health Insurance rules to bill accurately
- Daily billing of inpatient hospital claims and inpatient medical claims via ECLIPSE to health funds
- Ensure debtors are managed effectively and in line with the Debtors Management policy & procedure
- Perform a full function accounts receivable role including receipting payments, processing adjustments, refunds and write-offs; processing authorised fee changes.
- Contact stakeholders including patients, DVA, Dust Diseases and/ or Medicare regarding outstanding payments. Where necessary remit invoices, receipts or statements to facilitate payment
- Complete health fund provider registration forms for no-gap medical claiming
Who you are:
- Demonstrated understanding of and an ability to provide excellent customer service in a healthcare environment
- Medical accounts processing skills including knowledge of Medicare, DVA and private health funds
- Demonstrated ability in using clinical administration systems and Microsoft Office software particularly Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external business stakeholders
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Proven experience to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Flexible approach to work Qualifications
- Diploma of Medical Administration or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you:
- Work in a collaborative and friendly environment delivering outstanding outpatient care
- Work within a great team, dedicated to providing the best patient experience
- Training and ongoing support
Who we are:
We are 5000 highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff across Australia, the U.K., Spain, China and the United States, designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer and heart disease.
Across the world, we have more than 440 centres to help us bring the right care to our patients. For radiation therapy, that includes 14 centres in the UK, 21 in Spain, 36 in Australia and 300 in the U.S. We also offer cardiology and sleep services at more than 80 locations across Australia. Every year our team sees more than 400,000 people globally.
People centricity is at the heart of what we do—whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner or someone in our team. We aim to build culture of ‘care’ that is patient focused and performance driven. Our people promise is “do your life’s best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact and making great things happen together.” If you’d like to make a difference, join us at GenesisCare.