- January 23, 2020
- Posted by:
- Permanent Part Time
- Competitive rate of pay + benefits
- Remote experienced coders are encouraged to apply
About St Vincent's Private Hospital Toowoomba
Part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest Catholic Healthcare provider in Australia, St Vincent's Private Hospital Toowoomba is the largest acute private hospital on the Darling Downs. Under the stewardship of Mary Aikenhead Ministries, we offer quality services to our patients and visitors in a caring, friendly atmosphere.
About the role
An opportunity exists for a Clinical Coder who will be responsible for assigning accurate and timely clinical codes to patient episodes of care through analysis of patient record documentation and using the appropriate version of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Australian Modification (ICD10AM) and applying Australian Coding Standards and relevant State Coding authority advice.
Toowoomba has implemented a fully scanned medical record.
- Abstract and verify relevant information in the health record; assign accurate ICD-10-AM codes and perform DRG grouping according to Australian Coding Standards and legislative guidelines within designated timeframes.
- Utilise the 3M Codefinder software, relevant patient information systems and related pathology, radiology and associated databases to assist in verification and allocation of clinical codes.
- Liaise with Clinicians to clarify documentation in the health record to assist in timely and accurate assignment of codes and participate in regular coder clinician communication strategies.
- Complete coding queries as necessary and document in the Coding Audit Tool.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Health Information Management) or equivalent, or Clinical Coding qualifications from HIMAA or equivalent
- Proven coding experience. At least 2 years clinical coding experience using ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS
- Previous experience with 3M Codefinder software
- Private hospital experience and knowledge of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs)
- Experience with patient administration systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
You will join a high performing team and a workplace with relationships built on mutual trust and respect. We value our staff and offer professional advancement in a respectful, collaborative and learning environment.
- Competitive rate of pay
- Access to corporate health fund discounts
- Industry leading salary packaging (increase your take home pay)
- Uniforms and training provided
- Discounted onsite parking
- Ongoing education support
To apply: https://www.svpht.org.au/jobs/positions-vacant