- Posted by:
Clinical Coders NSW – Full time (part-time considered) – Healthscope – Sydney
An exciting opportunity exists for experienced Clinical Coders to assist the Healthscope coding team maintain a high quality and timely coding service across our NSW hospitals. These positions can be based in Sydney at either Prince of Wales Private or Norwest Private Hospital.
Healthscope is the second largest provider of private health care in Australia with hospitals in all states and territories. The company owns and manages a diverse range of facilities including large high acuity metropolitan hospitals, some co-located with public hospitals, as well as regional and suburban hospitals. Our hospitals provide a range of clinical services including medical and surgical, which all offer an extensive range of specialties and Casemix as well as specialised rehabilitation and mental health facilities.
To be successful in this position, considerable experience in clinical coding, strong time management and problem solving skills will be required.
As a Clinical Coder your responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding using ICD-10-AM and correct assignment of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG)
- Participate in Casemix analysis, education & quality activities
- Keep abreast with current relevant clinical coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
- Sharing of coding knowledge with other clinical coders within the team.
- HIMAA certification in Clinical Coding or equivalent, with minimum 3 years’ experience using ICD-10-AM, ACHI and ACS
- Experience in clinical coding across a range of DRGs with demonstrated high coding quality skills
- Up-to-date with current Clinical Coding guidelines and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound understanding of Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG)
- Sound understanding of 3M Codefinder, TurboCoder and PICQ
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised and within a team environment.
- Clinical coding experience within the private health sector
- Experience with webPAS patient administration system.
Applications close: 6 August 2021