- Posted by:
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital are now seeking applications for the position of Clinical Coder within the busy Health Information Services department.
In this position you will be principally responsible for the coding of all inpatient discharges according to National Coding Standards
This position is being offered on a permanent basis, working 76 hours per fortnight. Applicants looking for part-time hours will also be considered.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Minimum one year of recent clinical coding experience in a tertiary or secondary hospital
- Completed the Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) Certificate IV in Clinical Classification or equivalent
- Sound knowledge and understanding of casemix and diagnosis related groups (DRG)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated sound computer skills using MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
- Parking Available
- Professional Development
Applications must be submitted online at www.sjog.org.au/careers, under eRecruit Job Number 10560
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.