- February 5, 2020
- Posted by:
Sydney Adventist Hospital
- Clinical coder will be responsible for accurate coding of health records in a timely manner.
- Participate in regular coding audits & quality improvement activities.
- Liaise with clinicians and other professionals to clarify and seek further clinical information regarding coding queries.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Completion of medical terminology and clinical coding qualification through HIMAA or OTEN or a Health Information Management Degree
- Minimum 2 years coding experience in a tertiary level hospital
- Experience using 3M Codefinder
- Ability to achieve deadlines
- Well organised and ability to prioritise workload
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both in an unsupervised environment and within a team
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Training in ICD 10AM 11th edition