- Posted by:
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Berwick Hospital is seeking a Clinical Coder to join the Health information Services team. As a Clinical Coder, you are to assist in the administration of the health information service, to deliver quality patient care through a complete medical record that ensures the patient's right to confidentiality.
This role will be offered on a permanent part time basis, working 60 hours per fortnight. Job share may be considered.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Eligibility for HIMAA membership; and/or successful completion of the ICD-10-AM coding course; and/or possession of a suitable Health Information Manager qualification.
- Minimum of two years’ experience coding in an acute hospital environment including ICU, CCU, Maternity and Cath Lab.
- Experience in using ICD-10-AM 11th edition - Experience with CodeExpert/3M Codefinder preferred.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Desire to contribute in a positive way to our very busy “can do” team.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask to achieve desired results.
- Accurate and efficient keyboard, computer and data entry skills.
- Commitment to quality and accuracy of coding, and ability to meet hospital and Group KPI’s.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards.
- Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
- Parking Available
- Professional Development
All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies