- Posted by:
Calvary Adelaide Hospital
Permanent Full-time Contract
- Excellent salary packaging options available
- Join one of Australia’s leading health, community and aged care providers
About the Role
Our Clinical Coding Team require an experienced Clinical Coder to assist with the timely and accurate coding of clinical information using the ICD-10-AM Classification System in accordance with Coding guidelines and National Coding Standards. Translating the narrative descriptions of diagnoses and procedures into valid, accurate and complete ICD-10-AM, ACHI & ACS codes, you will work in accordance with the mission and vision of Calvary and actively participate in developing a culture that promotes Calvary’s values of healing, hospitality, stewardship and respect.
What you bring
- Recognised Clinical Coding qualification or Degree qualified in Health Information Management/Medical Record Administration or equivalent competency through clinical coding experience
- Experience and demonstrated competency in Clinical Coding using ICD-10-AM (11th edition) Classification system & Australian Coding Standards across a broad casemix for a period of at least 2 years
- Demonstrated knowledge of AR-DRGs and Casemix funding
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy legislation
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
- Knowledge, understanding, commitment and demonstration of customer service culture in health care
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Sound & updated knowledge of Medical Terminology
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people in a hospital setting
- Strong desire to produce results
- Encourage and sustain a cooperative Patient Services work environment through effective interpersonal relationships across all departments
- Ability to effectively prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrates a service philosophy consistent with the principles of Calvary's corporate philosophy and direction
This is an excellent opportunity to work in South Australia’s largest private Hospital and be a part of a leading mission based health care organisation. Calvary Adelaide Hospital offers a varied, complex casemix across specialties including Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedic Surgery and General Surgery, Rehabilitation Programmes and a large, busy Day Surgery Suite. We offer paid salary packaging, paid parental leave, career development and ongoing training. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
Calvary is a national Catholic provider of health, community and aged care services operating in six states and territories. Our services include public and private hospital care, acute and sub-acute care, home care services and retirement and aged care services, in both rural and metropolitan areas. Calvary employs over 11,000 people and has over 1,500 volunteers. Calvary continues the mission of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, a mission focused on caring for those who are sick, dying and in need. We express our values of hospitality, healing, stewardship and respect through “being for others” exemplified by the Spirit of Calvary and the example of Venerable Mary Potter.
How to join the team
To join our diverse, compassionate and dedicated team for a rewarding Calvary career, please submit an online application.
Please note: attached to the job advertisement on the Calvary Careers portal are important documents relating to the role. Please ensure you view these documents before beginning your application. It is suggested that you download a copy of these for your reference.
Candidates must hold Australian or NZ Citizenship or the capacity to permanently work in Australia. Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.